top of page
True Italian Taste is a project supported by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, coordinated by Assocamerestero, and implemented by the network of Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad, within the framework of the campaign
"The Extraordinary Italian Taste".
Its aim is to promote and safeguard authentic Italian food and wine products in the world and to increase awareness of Made in Italy products, especially in those markets where there is an increasing presence of Italian-sounding products and brands, which refer to Italy without any specific connection to it.
More specifically, the objectives of True Italian Taste are:
To allow consumers worldwide to know the authentic Italian products and their close linkage to the territory.
To guide lovers of authentic Italian cuisine to choose 100% Made in Italy products and ingredients.
To support Italian brands with certified and niche products in establishing and developing their presence in foreign markets.
To show and explain the intrinsic safety and wholesomeness of authentic Italian food and wine products and brands.
The envisaged activities include:
Awareness programs, masterclasses, Italian food & wine tastings, and dinners
Organization of incoming, tours and B2B meetings
The protagonists of the True Italian Taste Project are Italian food and wine products: they tell the story of the people who made them, of the territories where they were produced, of all the traditions and habits of Italian communities revolving around food and wine.
Do you want to be part of the Italian Food & Wine community in India?
Tell us a bit about yourself, and subscribe to our mailing list
Know more about stores carrying Authentic Italian Food Products in India!
WHAT IS AUTHENTIC?
The Italian regulatory framework with regards to agricultural products and foodstuff depends on the European Union law, namely the EUROPEAN COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 510/2006 of 20 March 2006, which has introduced specific and stringent rules for the protection of geographical indications and designations of origin.
The system of geographical indications foreseen by the European Union wants to encourage both production and economy of its territories, and the safeguard of the environment and biodiversity. EU Certification offers also more guarantees to the consumers thanks to a higher level of tractability and food security from other products..
Italy, with 314 PDO, PGI and TSG appellations, is the European Country with the highest number of food excellencies with a geographical certification recognized by the EU.
European law specifies three fundamental indications, which producers can affix to their products provided certain conditions are met. Click on the pictures below to find out more
UPCOMING & PAST INITIATIVES
- RSVP ClosedFri, 23 SeptMumbai23 Sept 2022, 14:30Mumbai, 11th floor, Urmi Estate, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Nagin Nagar Chawl, Lower Parel West, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013, India
- RSVP ClosedTue, 23 Augwebinar23 Aug 2022, 17:00webinar
- RSVP ClosedSat, 02 JulWebinar02 Jul 2022, 15:00Webinar
- RSVP ClosedThu, 02 Junonline event02 Jun 2022, 13:00online event
- RSVP ClosedMon, 22 NovKolkata22 Nov 2021, 18:30Kolkata, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- RSVP ClosedFri, 13 AugFire And Ice Pizzeria13 Aug 2021, 17:30 GMT+5:30Fire And Ice Pizzeria, Kanak Building, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071, India
- RSVP ClosedFri, 09 JulDiva @ The Italian Institute of Culture09 Jul 2021, 18:30 GMT+5:30Diva @ The Italian Institute of Culture , 50, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- RSVP ClosedTue, 22 JunWebinar22 Jun 2021, 18:30 – 19:30 GMT+5:30Webinar
- RSVP ClosedSat, 19 JunMumbai, Maharashtra, India19 Jun 2021, 12:00 GMT+5:30Mumbai, Maharashtra, India19 Jun 2021, 12:00 GMT+5:30Mumbai, Maharashtra, IndiaItalian food is known the world over for the quality and variety of its ingredients and products, which allow for an endless number of recipes. Italian food&wine are also intrinsically linked to the country’s architectural, artistic, and cultural heritage. Together, they make Italy a unique place!
- RSVP ClosedThu, 30 JulOnline Awareness Program30 Jul 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online Awareness Program
- RSVP ClosedThu, 23 JulOnline Awareness Program23 Jul 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online Awareness Program
- RSVP ClosedThu, 16 JulOnline Awareness Program16 Jul 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online Awareness Program
- RSVP ClosedThu, 09 JulOnline Awareness Program09 Jul 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online Awareness Program
- RSVP ClosedThu, 02 JulOnline Awareness Program02 Jul 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online Awareness Program
bottom of page