The True Italian Taste project is coordinated by Assocamerestero in collaboration with the Italian Chambers of Commerce abroad as part of "The Extraordinary Italian Taste" Campaign to promote and safeguard genuine Italian agri-food products in the Europe, America, Australia and Asia.
True Italian Taste, aims to increase the knowledge and consumption of 100% made in Italy food and wine in markets where there is confusion among consumers between authentic Italian products, and other products that use Italian symbols or names even though they do not have Italian origin.
The objectives of True Italian Taste are:
To let consumers all over the world know the benefits of authentic Italian products and the important link between the food and the territories of origin
To help fans of good food choose 100% Made in Italy ingredients to help protect companies and consumers
To support Italian companies of certified, typical and niche products that want to make themselves known on foreign markets and consolidate and expand on the opportunities of existing companies
To show how to enhance the wholesomeness of authentically Italian food, promoting organic products, food supplements and those Made in Italy products that can boast certifications related to ethnic categories (halal and kosher)
The project provides educational tours, incoming business, workshops and seminars in Italy and a series of training activities, master classes, and events promoting authentic Italian products abroad.
The great stars of True Italian Taste activities are Italian food and wines that directly speak of their history, local areas, traceability, the secrets and the meticulous care taken in production that improves the flavours and enhances their uniqueness and inimitability.
In India, the IICCI - Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is executing a program of activities, along with the planned for its project Il Dolce Vino.
Due to the current viral emergency, all the planned activities of True Italian Taste have been suspended and postponed until further notice.
Follow True Italian Taste On
Past Events, Dinners and Masterclasses
- 16 October 2019, Mumbai - Italian Wine Dinner @ Gustoso Restaurant
- 18 October 2019, Delhi - Italian Wine Dinner @ Diva Café, c/o Italian Cultural Center, Embassy of Italy in New Delhi
- 19 November 2019, Hyderabad - Italian Wine Dinner @ Radisson Hotel
- 27 November 2019, Mumbai - Italian Wine Bubbles @ Vivitalia
- 29 November 2019, Kolkata - Italian Wine Masterclass @ Wow Stone Gallery, Radharani Showroom
- 14 December 2019, Kochi - Italian Wine Dinner @ The Pavilion, Taj Malabar Resort
- 4 February 2020, Mumbai - Italian Wine Dinner @ Celini Restaurant, Grand Hyatt Hotel, in collaboration with ALMA - The International School of Italian Cuisine
- 6 March 2020, Bangalore - Italian Wine Masterclass @ Aaren Intpro Showroom