A simple vegetarian bowl with nutty and nutritious Italian black rice and vegetables. This easy-to-make recipe gets ready in just 30 minutes. It’s a cross between an Asian short-grain black rice and an Italian variety. It cooks at about the same time as brown rice, and it fills the kitchen with a buttery-nutty smell while it cooks, kind of like basmati. Be sure to cook this healthy, delicious recipe on the go!
● 1 cup of Italian black rice
● Kosher salt
● Extra virgin olive oil
● Juice of half a lemon
● Fresh mozzarella, sliced or torn into pieces
● Roasted red bell peppers, sliced
● Sliced mini cucumbers
● Roasted cubed eggplant and or baby zucchini
● Fresh basil, parsley, and arugula
● Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and rice. Cook until the rice is just tender, with a tiny bit of bite in the centre of the grain; 25 - 35 minutes. Drain.
● Put the rice in a large bowl and pour over a few tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Season with more salt to taste.
● Serve warm in bowls topped with mozzarella and garnished with your choice of fresh or roasted vegetables and greens.
GET YOUR INGREDIENTS
Buy authentic Riso Vignola's Black Rice and other Italian Gourmet Ingredients ON THIS LINK to cook your very own meal in the comfort of your very home. Contact us at email@example.com or call +91 9811392313 for more information.
By placing an order through this email, you will benefit from a 10% discount on the products' MRP. If you are a member of the IICCI and/or of the IICCI's Italics Wine Clubs in India, you will be eligible for a 25% discount!