MADE IN ITALY - A COUNTRY BRANDING THAT STANDS FOR EMINENCE…
Country of origin (COO) or ‘Made in’ labeled with products influences customers globally. Italy is one of the very few countries which have become a brand globally. ‘Made in Italy’ rightfully stands as an expression that stands for quality, originality, and performance quality, creativity and originality, characteristics that define Italy.
Italy is the fifth largest manufacturing country worldwide and only second in Europe. With Industry 4.0 principles Italy is undergoing a radical up-gradation of its manufacturing capabilities. India, on the other hand, is emerging fast as a super economic power with a renewed focus on core industrial sectors and steady GDP growth. The Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IICCI) is dedicated to partnering with Italian and Indian companies to help them achieve greater heights and strengthen the bilateral trade relationship. Let us see at the challenges, opportunities and value addition that the two countries bring to each other.
India’s Economic Growth
India has emerged as the fastest-growing economy in the world. As per the current growth trajectory, India is expected to be one of the top three economic powers of the world in the next 10-15 years. The tremendous growth in India’s purchasing power parity (PPP) and gross domestic product (GDP) over the past few years is reflective of the robust economic growth of the country.
Demographically the biggest Indian community in continental Europe is in Italy.
WHAT ITALY OFFERS
India offers a fast-growing market which is appealing to Italy. Likewise, Italy is part of the European market, and could become a hub for Indian investors to operate in the European market. Demographically the biggest Indian community in continental Europe is in Italy.
HEADING FOR A NEW ERA
Indo-Italian Bilateral Trade Relation India and Italy share a vibrant
While Italian companies bring in excellence to India in the automotive, fashion, food processing, and machinery sector, Indian companies are equally making a mark in Italy in sectors such as steel and information technology.
In this special edition of Brand Italy for Indian Manufacturing, we at The Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IICCI) are proud to
be associated as Technology Partner.
Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-General
The Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The above information was featured in Machine Maker publication. IICCI in collaboration with Machine Maker launched a special publication on Brand Italy in India on Italian Manufacturing Excellence for the Indian Industry.
With Italy's experience in the development of manufacturing clusters and world-renown advanced technological solutions for industrial machinery and India's aim to become a manufacturing and export powerhouse, a synergy can be reinforced between both the countries within the MAKE in INDIA program.
The IICCI - Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Embassy of Italy in India in collaboration with Italian and Indian sector associations, Italian Financial Institutions, and Indo-Italian companies will organize a series of digital initiatives to strengthen the economic ties between India & Italy and boost partnerships in the industrial machinery & manufacturing sector.
The Online Kick-off Conference was held on 16th February 2021 and introduced the participants to the opportunities for industrial collaborations, technological innovation, and financial tools available to Indian-Italian companies. It will also inaugurate the series of sector-specific digital webinars in cooperation with AMAPLAST - Italian plastics and rubber processing machinery, ancillary equipment and moulds’ manufacturer's association and/or UCIMU-SISTEMI PER PRODURRE - Italian machine tool, robots, automation systems and ancillary products (NC, tools, components, accessories) manufacturers' association as below:
- APRIL 2021: Latest Developments in Film Extrusion Technology
- JULY 2021: Plastic Recycling Technologies
- SEPTEMBER 2021: Automation and Industry 4.0 Trends in Manufacturing Sector
- NOVEMBER 2021: Heavy Engineering Machining Solutions from Italy
Upcoming & Past Events
- Tue, 14 DecOnline B2B
- MAKE in INDIA with ITALY - Technical Webinar : Heavy Engineering Metal Working Machining Solutions from ItalyTue, 30 NovOnline Technical Webinar30 Nov 2021, 15:00Online Technical WebinarThe IICCI along with the Embassy of Italy in India will organize a Technical webinar on HEAVY ENGINEERING METAL-WORKING MACHINING SOLUTIONS FROM ITALY on 30th Nov 21, in the webinar series MAKE in India with Italy – Italian Technologies, Machinery & Know-How for the Indian Manufacturing Growth.
- Wed, 22 SeptOnline Technical Webinar22 Sept 2021, 15:00 GMT+5:30Online Technical WebinarThe IICCI along with the Embassy of Italy will organize their next technical webinar in the series Automation & Industry 4.0: Trends In The Manufacturing Sector on 22nd September 2021 at 3 pm (Indian time), in the webinar series, Make In India with Italy - Italian Technologies, Machinery & Know
- MAKE in INDIA with ITALY - Online digital B2Bs With Italian Plastic Recycling Machinery ManufacturersWed, 21 JulTechnical Webinar
- Wed, 07 JulOnline Technical Webinar07 Jul 2021, 16:00 – 17:20 GMT+5:30Online Technical WebinarThe IICCI along with the Embassy of Italy will organize their next technical webinar in the series PLASTIC RECYCLING TECHNOLOGIES – MAKING PLASTIC USEFUL AGAIN on 7th July 2021 at 4 pm (Indian time), in the webinar series Make In India with Italy - Italian Technologies, Machinery & Know
- MAKE in INDIA with ITALY - Online digital B2Bs with Italian Plastic Film Extrusion Technology providersWed, 05 MayTechnical Webinar05 May 2021, 14:00 GMT+5:30 – 07 May 2021, 18:00 GMT+5:30Technical WebinarAfter the success of MAKE in INDIA with ITALY – Latest Developments In Plastic Film Extrusion Technology webinar, the IICCI and the Embassy of Italy in India in collaboration with AMAPLAST are pleased to inform you about Online Digital B2B’s with the Italian Companies
- Tue, 20 AprTechnical Webinar
- MAKE in INDIA with ITALY - Italian Technologies, Machinery & Know-How for the Indian Manufacturing GrowthTue, 16 FebConference