Webinar on "Leather for Sustainability"
Time & Location
About the Event
The Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IICCI) is associating with India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), the Council for Leather Exports (CLE) and India Leather Products Association (ILPA) to promote the webinar on "Leather for Sustainability" scheduled for Thursday, 24th June 2021 at 3.00 PM (Indian Time).
The question of sustainability in the leather industry raises environmental issues, along with the need to balance the demand-supply chain, and to consider the trends in consumer choices. Among the eminent speakers, Mr. Gianluca Rubagotti, Consul General of Italy in Kolkata and Mr. Ramesh Juneja, Regional Chairman, CLE (ER) and Vice-Chairman, IICCI-ER will give their respective inputs on the trade relationship between Italy and West Bengal in the leather industry and on consumers orientation towards sustainability.
● Introductory Remarks –Ms. Hema Maity, General Manager ITPO
● Video on India Leather & Accessories Fair ( ILAF), Kolkata
● Welcome address – Mr. Manfred Auster, Consul General, Consulate General of Germany, Kolkata
● Special address – Mr. Gianluca Rubagotti, Consul General, Consulate General of Italy, Kolkata on the long and strong trade relationship between Italy and West Bengal with respect to the leather industry.
● Keynote address – Mr. Sanjay Leekha, Chairman, Council for Leather Exports ( CLE)
● Mr. Ramesh Juneja, Regional Chairman, CLE(ER) and Vice-Chairman, IICCI-ER - Consumers orientation towards sustainability
● Ms. Alice Vago, Project Manager, PISIE, Italy – Presentation on Real leather – real sustainability
● Mr. Mukhtarul Amin, Past Chairman, CLE and CEO of Superhouse Group, Kanpur - Is sustainability a real concern?
● Ms. Jessica Kallenberg, Head of Product and sustainability in O My Bag, Amsterdam, The Netherlands -Issue of standardization concerning leather and leather goods industry of India with special focus to Kolkata as the major hub of leather goods production and exports of the country.
● Mr. Imran Khan, General Secretary, Calcutta Leather Complex Tanners Association - The effluent issue addressing sustainability matters with respect to international certification– the need of the industry.
● Dr. Gerhard Nickolaus, PFI Fareast (Hong Kong) Co Ltd. - Fashion industry to imbibe sustainability
● Mr. J K Gulati, President, ILPA - A general overview of the critical juncture in the leather industry due to the COVID 19 situation.
● Q & A Session
● Vote of thanks by ITPO